Areas Of Usage
RC Filter components are made of low inductance resistors and capacitors in order to protect M.V. motors, generators and dry type transformers, shunt reactors againist very fast transient and over voltages. R – C snubber filters are connected in parallel between motors, generators etc. and switchgears.
- Longer insulation lifetime for machinery
- Protects againist insulation failures between windings
- Protects againist reignitions between the contacts of vacuum circuit breakers and other switchgear due to high frequency over voltage
- Protects againist high frequency over voltage specificly caused by arc furnaces
- Optional earth fault relay by arc furnaces
Large motors, generators, induction and arc furnaces, shunt reactors, dry type transformers.